Slip and Fall Accident Injury Chiropractor in Denver, Colorado
Slip and Fall Accidents are extremely common in Denver, CO.
Whether yourself or someone else you know has been hurt after slipping and falling, it is crucial to see a chiropractor before permanent damage is done.
Continue reading below to find out the most common causes of these accidents, the types of injuries that victims are most likely to sustain, and how to best treat a slip and fall injury in Denver, CO.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
Slip and fall injuries can be caused by negligence or just chance. The root cause of the accident does not affect the severity of the resulting injury the victim may suffer.
However, when you or a loved one slips and falls because of someone else’s careless actions, it can be extremely frustrating and cause you on-going pain and suffering, as well as financial stress for your piling medical bills for treatment of the injury.
A slip and fall injury under normal circumstances can happen anywhere and anyhow, including at your own home. Some people trip and fall just from being clumsy, but most slip and fall injuries have a direct cause, and it is typically due to a reckless property owner.
The type of slip and fall accident that is caused by negligence is usually a result of one of the following:
Wet or Icy Surfaces:
Slippery surfaces are a huge cause for concern if you are a property or business owner.
It is the responsibility of that property owner to keep the conditions of their walkways safe for pedestrians.
If the weather is the cause for these dangerous walk-ways, it is necessary for them to salt sidewalks, shovel snow, and place non-slip mats indoors so individuals like you do not have a slip and fall accident.
Uneven Sidewalks or Pavement:
Hazardous surfaces are a huge cause for concern and can cause anyone of any age to trip and fall.
Uneven or cracked walkways are the cause of many slip and fall accidents in Denver, CO.
An uneven surface can make a simple task like walking dangerous. Unless you constantly walk around with your head down, tripping and falling on uneven sidewalks or pavement can become a reality to you too.
4 More Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries Include:
- Poorly Lit Walkway
- Cluttered Walking Surface
- Poor Job Training
- Blocked Hallways and Aisles
With all of these causes of slip and fall injuries, it is easy to see why so many accidents occur each year in Denver, Colorado.
How Do I Know If I Am Injured In a Slip and Fall?
Victims of slip and fall accidents can hurt many different areas of their body and the injury may not present itself right away.
That is why it is incredibly important to seek medical attention as soon as possible, especially if your slip, trip, or fall was due to somebody else’s negligence.
Anyhow, depending on the way that you fall when you slip or trip, you can cause damage to a variety of areas of your body.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed below, you are probably injured and need professional diagnosis and treatment by a chiropractor.
Do not wait until your injury has become too severe to treat, be pro-active and get the help you need fast.
Most Common Injuries After a Slip and Fall Accident:
- Sprains, Strains, and Fractures:
- Knee, ankle, wrist, neck, and shoulders are prone to violent twisting that could potentially cause a more serious injury with severe pain. A sudden fall is classified as an acute injury and can cause a sprain or even fracture. Fractures most often occur because it is instinctive to throw out your hands in order to catch your fall. However, this can result in a bone breaking in the wrist or forearm.
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Depending on the direction of your fall, your shoulder could end up taking the hardest impact. This can potentially dislocate your shoulder and end up causing damage to your tissues and nerves causing pain in not only your shoulder but also your arm and hand.
- Hip Fractures
- Hip fractures are a common slip and fall injury among the elderly. Bones become fragile and weak with age and a slip and fall in which an individual lands on their hip will ultimately cause a break or fracture.
- Back and Spine Injuries
- Often times, if a person slips and falls and they do not have time to catch themselves, they end up hitting their head off of the ground or another hard surface. This can cause a concussion, contusion, or a traumatic brain injury, which will lead to more serious issues if left untreated.
How Can a Chiropractor Help With Slip and Fall Injuries?
Our chiropractors have many years of experience treating slip and fall injuries in Denver, CO.
Chiropractors specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, making them the best choice when you are seeking treatment for this type of accident injury.
Our doctors know the signs and will perform thorough testing to determine the root cause of your pain and diagnose your injury properly.
After, they will design a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs.
Do not risk your physical or financial well-being after a slip and fall accident, call Colorado Injury and Pain Center today for a Free Injury Consultation!